Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Weekend Bliss ......

I must admit, doing the job I do has its perks .... I was spoilt by one of our suppliers on Friday and treated to a Side Car trip over Sir Lowry's Pass ... it was such an incredible opportunity, there were a team of 10 of us plus 5 drivers and we did the whole trip in convoy, which is impressive to see ... For some reason im having a problem posting pictures on here so i'll have to ask Shirl to help with that ..

On Saturday another friend of mine took me to watch the SA vs Aus game at Newlands - its always good fun to watch a game live - the atmosphere is electric. Natalia was MOST upset that she couldnt come with me .. she kept saying "mommy, I also want to go see the bokkies in real life !!" .... I had to promise to take her to a game (eeeek ....)

Sunday was a lovely day :) - We live in a small complex which is largly occupied by the older generation ... I have noticed that there is a single mother down the road with her two kids as well, but we have not made the effort to actually go and introduce ourselves ... Well Sunday was the day :) I am so totally over being the only entertainment at home for Natalia - I love my child to the ends of the earth and back, but there is only so much imaginery play, story reading, marble throwing that a mother can do in one day when all the other friends are away and you have no funding to take them out !! I took Tal by the hand, down the road and knocked on her door (brave for me ... i dont like that kind of thing :) ) ... We had a lovely cup of coffee and a chat and I then went back home without Natalia :) She decided that David (6yrs old) and Chloe (10 yrs old) were much better company than mom (ya think ??) ...

So on Sunday and the whole day yesterday David and Natalia were marching between our home and his home ... I actually spent a lot of time pacing around at home not knowing what to do with myself because she wasnt there and all the cleaning up had been done :) I eventually managed to drag her off their computer and take the roller skates off her feet at 18h00 last night - shoo ! Kids are funny - Natalia has TV games and David has Computer educational programs, at one point, David said to Natalia - "im staying at your house with your mom to play TV games and you go to my house and play computer games with my mom OK " hee hee

So all in all a good weekend .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Hi All,

Welcome to a little piece of our world.
Im looking forward to sharing a bit of our lives with you, and hope that you find some things here that will either make you nod your head, laugh or give you some peace.